Home » Topics » Chatroom » SPOT AWARD
To unsubscribe from all chat room notifications, please first login:
Posted: 25th January 2021
Hello everyone, I am looking for a simple and easy spot award programme. Does anyone have any cool suggestions? Many thanks in advance! Catherine by snowy Lake Zürich
We hope you are enjoying the snow!
We will have a post on spot rewards in a few weeks’ time on the club but in the interim here are a few pointers to help you get started:
– It’s not all about the cash. How about a spot award that is a simple gesture like employees being recognised for their good work by leaders a level higher than their managers – a phone call or a written note, will be appreciated. One of our clients has a supply of postcards that people can write handwritten notes.
– Give your managers their own pot of money (no rules!) so they can provide spot rewards (come up with an exciting name!) knowing what the team member would appreciate most – these can be captured and shared on your comms hub so that it encourages other managers slow on the uptake!
– A peer-to-peer gift card with or without monetary value
– A half or full day off as appreciation
– Depending on how many employees you have and if this is feasible or not, run a survey to understand what people feel motivated by and then personalise their rewards. It could be movie tickets for someone, an online course for another and a simple day off for someone else.
Here are links to some of the resources on the club that you might find helpful:
– Toolkit: 30 Ways to Say thank-you
– Toolkit: Setting up your Reward and Recognition Scheme – How to get it right
– Toolkit: A Box of Meetings- Have a look at card number 8- Pay, Bonus and Recognition discussions
We hope this helps!
Disruptive HR Team
Many thanks Disruptive HR team, that’s very helpful!
Successfully added to your favourites. View them here