Home » Topics » Chatroom » Lifting lockdown spirit..?
To unsubscribe from all chat room notifications, please first login:
Posted: 26th October 2020
Hi everyone, hope that you’re all doing ok. I’d be keen to know of things working in your organisations that are helping with building morale, eight months into this new lockdown world…..the small and the big things…what’s working? Thanks, Jo
<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi</p>
I’d be really interested to hear what others are doing as well? One thing we are trying to focus on is social interaction we are just trialling flip grid videos at the moment where we pose a question to staff each week and they can respond by adding a 40 sec video on flipgrid that people can view
I think the adrenaline that people were running on at the start is wearing off and our people seem a bit ‘flat’ as there is no end in sight
Hi Jo, great question. It’s hard to keep the momentum after so many months of unexpected remote working. Here are a few suggestions for what you might want to do to lift employee morale:
– Run pulse surveys asking questions around how your people are feeling and what they’d like to see more of to feel motivated at work
– Coach managers to have great conversations. Listen to the podcast here of how Ernst and Young cultivates a culture of coaching with their practice of ‘Leading with Questions’.
– Continue to provide development opportunities to your people. A simple way to do this is to set up an informal mentoring scheme. Check out our toolkit to help you get started and our tips and conversation starters to share with mentors and mentees.
– It’s a little harder to feel like your work is being recognised when working remotely. Reward and recognise even the small wins – dedicate a part of your website homepage to say thank-you, post a comment on your social media platforms with a photo, set up a simple peer-to-peer recognition scheme or just get your managers to send ‘Thank you’ notes.
– We’ve been looking at building resilient leadership through these times, so encourage your leaders to keep communicating with your people.
You will find some other ideas from a similar thread on our Chatroom here.
Hope this helps.
Disruptive HR Team
Successfully added to your favourites. View them here